Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Day 8: SUN

The SUN is such an incredible reminder that HIS MERCIES ARE NEW EVERY SINGLE MORNING (Lam 3:23).

Lately I've been running around to doctors appointments, church meetings, cooking 3 meals a day, washing the dishes for those meals, TRYING to keep up with washing clothes for 3(how do they pile up so quickly?), TRYING to serve my neighbors, TRYING to be intentional about my time in the word, TRYING to take care of myself (i'm the last one that I tend to remember to take care of), TRYING to keep a house clean, TRYING to maintain a marriage, TRYING to maintain a tight budget, TRYING to be a good pastor's wife, TRYING to be all that I feel like I'm called/expected/wanted to be.....TRYING, TRYING, TRYING.

I'm so grateful for the WORD. I tend to appreciate it more & more each day. With each sunrise I realize my need for more & more of God's WORD.

Matthew 11:28-30 MSG
"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? 
Come to me. Get away with me & you'll recover your life. 
I'll show you how to take a real rest.
Walk with me and work with me-watch how I do it. 
Learn the unforced rhythms of grace.
I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. 
Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."

No comments: