Thursday, February 16, 2012

catching up...

THIS CHALLENGE HAS BEEN FAILED (must read in your most robot like voice)....I can only imagine why I've failed. A sick 16month old with the flu and a dbl ear infection along with a 33 wk pregnant flu stricken momma= who care's about the blog. Of course this all started on a weekend when John had no choice but to be at work for a huge event on Saturday & then had his normal Sunday responsibilities. I don't know if you've noticed, but this picture is pretty accurate...


The world definitely keeps revolving when momma is sick. So, I've had no time to keep up with the picture thing. My ability to balance it all has definitely flown out the window.

But right now Channing is running around the upstairs between his room, his brothers room & the playroom while momma lays on the playroom guestbed and seeks some relaxation through blogging & pinterest. 

so....


Day 9: Front Door

I've really wanted to make one of those cutesy wreaths off pinterest for Valentines day, but you know it's one of those wants vs. needs & really I don't need it. So, it's just some something I've had for a while & CONFESSION...I put it up the day I knew I had to take my front door picture. My front door has been naked since Christmas stuff came down. I realized during my front door "setup" that I need to find a winter wreath or I need to make one OR the door can just stay naked. Who really cares?

DAY 10: Self portrait.....

I'm not really one of those self portrait kinda gals. You won't find my facebook loaded up with pics that I've taken of myself by holding my phone an arms length away. Yeah, it's just not me. PLUS, I would be EMBARRASSED for anyone to see the condition this momma has been in for the last week during all this sickness. My pj's & a hair tie have been about it. But here is a picture of the growing part of me at 33 weeks. (WHOA..is all I can say to that!)



Day 11: makes me happy...
 The other night we couldn't go to small group so we hung out in the livingroom as a family in our FORT! SO.MUCH. FUN. Gosh, I love having these boys!
 


Day 12: (deviating from the original list) Ya'll don't want to see my side of the closet. 


Day 13: BLUE  dinosaur pjs on my boy & his daddy's boots from when he was little.


DAY 14: LOVE.
This was a display of LOVE for my man...a homemade skillet apple pie!

God's been teaching me alot about LOVE too! I got was blessed to serve some of my sweet friends who have husbands deployed, widows in our church & single mommas with a little gift of love.

 
It really is a blessing to bless others & when you're being obedient, I've always found that blessing follows. After a week of unexpected dr/prescription bills being figured into our budget, I almost didn't do this little act of love but decided to make the sacrifices to make it happen. Can I just brag on God????? He put it on someone's heart to hand me not just what I paid for the project but DOUBLE what I paid. She had no idea. BLEW MY MIND YA'LL. BLEW MY MIND.


No comments: