Tuesday, March 29, 2011

worship....

 A friend took this the other day. I had no idea she had taken it until she tagged me in it. But I remember the moment. My child was taken care of. I had no responsibilities at the time & I was able to just worship. But it's had me thinking. I need to be like this all the time. COMPLETELY SURRENDERED. Oh it's my heart. It's what I truly desire but so many things get in my way.

I need to worship though. ALWAYS.


Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever. Psalm 106:1

It doesn't say when it feels good or when the circumstances are as we wish. It says GIVE THANKS. It's a command. And then it goes on to say, HE IS GOOD. Isn't that so true? Can't we really say that from experience over & over? So I need to worship.


When people disappoint me. WORSHIP. When criticism comes. WORSHIP. When money is tight. WORSHIP. When my baby is sick. WORSHIP. When my attitude stinks. WORSHIP. When I don't understand the circumstances. WORSHIP. When I'm lonely. WORSHIP. When marriage is hard. WORSHIP. When John has meetings 4 nights out of the week. WORSHIP. When problems arise. WORSHIP. When I just don't want to. WORSHIP! And when things are stinkin' awesome, I better NOT forget to....WORSHIP!

2 comments:

Mark and Leah Schuurman said...

Amen sister! I needed to hear a few of those reminders. :)

Unknown said...

Preach! That's good stuff.