Monday, March 14, 2011

Sunny days...



We've really been enjoying the WONDERFUL weather we've had the last few days. John went out of town on a conference with Pastor Andrew & Pastor Kevin last week which left Channing & I here to play for few days. I love & hate those days. I love them because I don't care about the house or the meals. I eat a peanut butter sandwich & call it a day & just play with my fella! Channing was MORE than ready for some daddy loving though when John got back! We also got to visit with my family twice recently (I'll post pics later of that from John's computer) & enjoyed a few hours with our sweet friend Mere & Eric.
The big news in the Berry house is that Mommy is home FULL TIME! In January I went back to teaching preschool 3 days a week & tried my best to make it work. But it was took too much away from my family even being gone as little as I was. After a full month of prayer about it, I knew what I had to do. I did not want to live with REGRET. Really at the end of my life will I say " Wish I had worked more?". I seriously doubt it. I'm going to say "Wish I had invested that time in my babies." So we are trusting God with what seems CRAZY at the world's standards and choosing to live with LESS! Really I think we will find, as we have already in 2 weeks, that LESS REALLY IS MORE!

 More time together. More peace. More investment into our baby boy. More intentional discretion between needs & wants, but oh so worth it!
 Being home full time has really allowed me to thank God each day for the time I have with Channing. I am truly trying to be intentional with our time together. We've been studying different scriptures. I've memorized 4 new ones this week and I practice each one with him. I'm trusting God's word in 2 Timothy 3:15 "From infancy, you have known the holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus."  We have these awesome TRUTH CARDS Aunt Coley & Uncle Brandon (who we miss by the way & can't wait until they are in Charlotte where we can see each other more often!) gave us for Christmas that we've been working our way through.  As we pray each day I earnestly ask God to draw Channing's heart to him at an early age. I'm going to be sure that I'm doing everything on my end to be sure that Channing understands the importance of Christ in his life. This week I also got to enjoy my first MOPS meeting & I loved it! I always marvel at how the Lord provides exactly the encouragement you need at the right time. I hope you find him to be that faithful in your life too. Here are a few more pictures of our cute bundle of joy. Oh how I wish you could love on him in person. He's such a little love bug!



I LOVE this happy boy!

We had a great little visit with the Marshburns!

A serious morning talk.

Mom, I'm ready! I thought we were going walking? Why are you taking pics again?

2 comments:

FOCUS said...

Congrats getting to stay home!!! I can't believe how much Channing looks like John in these pictures!!!!!!!

Mark and Leah Schuurman said...

Yay for being a stay-at-home mom!!! I hope you love it as much as I do, but by the sounds of it, we're just alike in our love and adoration for our men (both big and small). These pics are uh-DOOR-able! Such a sweetie.