Thursday, June 4, 2009

Kids say the darndest things!

The following are a few conversations that I have heard from some of my students in the last few days....



I know a lady that is 114 years old Mrs. Berry. She's in the funeral home....
Really? the funeral home...
yeah....you mean a nursing home?...
Oh yeah that's right. A nursing home. opps...




Another students was standing next to the mirror in the back of the room. Everyone else was working quietly. I asked "Juan, what are you doing back there?" He quite easily replied, "Well Mrs. Berry, I was wondering if I could flip my eyelids. So that's what I'm doing...flipping my eye lids."






Then another student came up and said...I really need to talk. My chest is heavy.
What do you mean your chest is heavy?
You know I need to talk because my Chest is heavy.
Very persistently he continued to press that he was struggling and needed to talk.
We finally realized he was referring to the old term "I have alot on my chest".


Then this morning I had a student, who is always 'full of energy'. She asked to go to the bathroom with her purse on her arm. I knew better than to think that she was only going to the bathroom for its typical uses. So I asked for the cellphone and all hairproducts that she had and this was my collection after she emptied her purse. She turned after handing me 2 combs, a brush, and some grease and just threw her purse down too and headed out the door to the bathroom....then she turned right back around and said...."I guess I really don't need to go".

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha Ha Ha Ha! Hilarious!