Monday, June 15, 2009

BEACH BUMming






My love for the beach has grown and grown as the years have gone by. Now that we are only a couple of hours from the beach I'm enjoying it even more. This week though marks a rare occasion in my life. I have only been on 2 other 'family' vacations in my life. This might be what drives me so hard towards the desire to set traditions with my family- pictures, traditional family trips.... other things that surely bother others because I am so adamant about it...but hey you don't know what it's like to not have it when you've had it your entire life. I truly value the experiences and the memories of it. No taking it for granted here.




Knowing it was a HuGe birthday for Nana, we wanted to celebrate in a special way. Wanda, my aunt, decided she would get us a condo at the beach and we could spend the week together soaking up the sun. Now I've been teased quite a bit about my inability to narrow down my clothing choices when packing for a vacation. But maybe after seeing this picture of the luggage for the 3 of us everyone will understand that I picked up this special attribute of packing from my family! I typically get teased at how much I "need" when i am going on a vacation. It reminds me of our trip to Israel...I'll post about that packing job later! Anyway....we had MORE than we might ever need to say the least!






We made our way to Pawley's Island, south of Garden City Beach in about 3 hours from Fayettnam and I was so excited.






We stayed at Litchfield Beach & Golf Resort and I totally could have lived in our condo. It was awesome.






We spent most of our week sleeping, reading, at the pool, at the beach and eating & shopping. Laid back and relaxed! It was a great time! I'm so glad we did it! We have made memories we will never forget.

HER blooming onion!


Her Birthday Icecream!



Hitting the beach!

Nana & her book on the beach.

Wanda sporting a hat I would NEVER let her buy!






Nana & I at the Original Benjamin's...YUMMO!





Nana with her plate from Abuelo's ...she reminded the waitress that she got the Senior plate..supposedly with smaller portions!




My new hat! I really like it.

No comments: