Thursday, February 24, 2011

Unwelcome Guest...

My little fella woke up from his nap on Wednesday afternoon and sounded much different than usual. It wasn't the normal "mama come get me" cry, but an "I really am not feeling so hot" cry. It's so funny how you get to know your child like that. Anyway, I hopped off the treadmill & ran in to see what was going on & found my little guy with a 101 fever. We headed down to our wonderful pediatrician where they tested him for RSV & the flu. AND the FLU has set up camp in my little fella.

Last night as we fought a temperature that just wouldn't retreat, I was overwhelmed with how God must have felt. Channing's illness is nothing compared to what God watched Jesus go through & if it were at all possible I would take that flu for him in an instant. What amazing love God has for us that he could watch his son endure so much pain in order to keep my nasty heart from hell. I'm so unworthy of that kind of sacrifice but so grateful that he loves me so. I love how the Lord constantly uses this little fella to draw me closer to him. He is definitely one of the most wonderful gifts I've ever received. Jesus & Channing, that is!

1 comment:

Mark and Leah Schuurman said...

So SORRY to hear he's sick! I can relate to your feelings, especially when Marcus had meningitis. It's SCARY! But 'tis so sweet to trust in Jesus.