Thursday, February 10, 2011

Life is flying by....


Well it's hard to believe our little Channing will be four months old next week and little is beginning to only be an adjective that is appropriate for his age. I feel like life is moving quicker than I am able to keep up with at times. I find myself forgetting everything around me, and all that needs done, once we are all home and I just soak up all the family time we get to have. John is gone most nights of the week right now with so much going on at church so on Tuesday, Friday & Saturday I embrace every moment with my two fellas.

We have so much to celebrate with all that God is allowing us to be part of. Liberty just had the first Sunday of two services! 170 at the first service & 350+ at the second service made for an amazing day. That doesn't include any children either! It has been amazing to see this church double in attendance in such a short amount of time. We feel so blessed to serve at Liberty. We just love our church family & thank God often for allowing us to have Channing here in this area where so many other children are running around and where so many love him. When I take him to the nursery on Wednesday nights after the youth band finishes it is so fun to hear the chorus of ladies & children yell "CHANNING" as he enters the room. Isn't it neat to see how loved you feel when others love your children? Someone could say absolutely nothing to me at all or as an after thought, which happens often, but they speak to Channing and oohhh & ahh over him & I feel loved just the same.
As our boy grows, it's fun to see his little personality coming through. He LOVES music. He has from day one. It's always been very soothing to him, calming him in a matter of seconds whether a song from mommy's lips, daddy's lips or Pandora radio. I guess it comes quite naturally with mommy loving to sing & daddy being so talented with instruments and singing. Last week at church as the last song of the worship set came to a close & his daddy stopped singing, Channing let the whole church know what he thought of that. His SCREAMS filled the sanctuary as soon as John sung the last note!

Ready for a Sunday Afternoon Walk.
Helping Momma cook dinner!
Sweet Smiles.

So happy he is smiling here. This day will be remembered always as a day that  held the hardest time I've ever had as a mother. Channing had started teething this week. He has two teeth trying to come in. If you look closely you can see the tears in his eyes because crying is what he had spent most of his day doing. :( We had been shopping with his Mimi and without going into all the details I'll just say I'm glad the day is done.
My big boy sitting up. He hates laying down now &  most of the time refuses to try & roll over but has the sitting up thing down most of the time. One of those things that helps you realize EVERY kid is different.
He LOVES the hairdryer after his bath.
He loves his new swing. Can't wait for SPRING!

1 comment:

Mark and Leah Schuurman said...

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! Soooo happy to hear all is well and see those sweet baby boy pictures. Y'all crack me up with the hair dryer (good idea, though).