Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Celebrating 1

It's so hard to believe that one year has come and gone....52 complete weeks. 365 days. They have flown by, right before my face and I really feel like I barely had time to blink. When I reflect on the years that it took to get our precious Channing, QUICK would not be an adjective that I would use to describe the grueling time of waiting. But, once he arrived it's as if the hands on the clock started moving at a ridiculous speed. How I wish that I could slow them down.

On Friday, we woke our sweet birthday boy with singing and celebrating and took him out to breakfast. Our boy likes LOVES to eat! I went to lead the ladies Bible study that I recently started and my boys headed over to walmart to play in the toy aisle and find exactly what Channing wanted. I thought it was precious that Daddy did this.


On Saturday, we had a big party planned so Friday was pretty low key. But all the fun was just around the corner. As the year came to a close, I told John that I wanted to celebrate Channing, of course, but I also wanted to celebrate those that had poured into us this past year. The ones that I had called for advice, gotten hand-me-downs from (thank you Lord for hand-me-downs...my kid would seriously be naked most of the time if it wasn't for them), those I called when he was sick & I had no idea what to do. You know, those that had really been through this year with us. I wanted them to know how grateful we were for their investment into our first year of parenting. So we made a list and invited 35 people with adults and kids all together and we were so grateful that they all came! I wrote each family a thank you card and attached it to some yummy homemade caramel corn. I wanted them to know how they had specifically touched our lives throughout that year. And then of course we fed them & entertained their kiddos for a few hours. It was a blast and such a blessing to have all of our "FAMILY", both blood & God given, together in one place to celebrate Channing's year. If there is one thing we have learned, it's that it truly does take a 'village'.




It was great day of celebration. We are so thankful to the Lord for all he has provided us with. Especially this little fella that we love so much!

1 comment:

Teresa Cribbs said...

I cant believe a year a passed! Channing is so blessed to have you & John as parents! Love you guys, Hugs & Hugs!