Thursday, November 18, 2010

God continually teaches me new things through this kid. First, I feel like I have felt a love that has never entered my life before. It's amazing how sweet motherhood is. It was well worth the wait. I would never and could NEVER give up this precious gift. Second, I realize I would do anything to take an ounce of pain away from this sweet boy. This week Channing has had a virus and it's been hard to hear him squeal in pain and not be able to do one thing about it but hug him & love him with all that is within me. Even at times that was hard because I was so tired but I realized I can always find more when it comes to this little guy. Third, ALL the " I WILL NEVER" comments you made to yourself BEFORE you were a parent, were made out of complete and utter stupidity. I used to think I would NEVER go out of the house without having had a shower for two days....ate those words. I used to think I would NEVER take my kid in the car simply to get him to go to sleep...ate those words. Unfortunately the list goes on and on and I can joyfully laugh at how dumb I was before becoming a parent. Fourth, there is so much more to learn!
I'm making every effort to embrace each and every moment with this kid but I barely feel as if I can keep up. It is going by much more quickly than I would like. I love this little fella with all that is in me. I feel so blessed to be chosen by an amazing GOD to be his mommy. I am so thankful for the honor and the privilege.
Here's some sweet pics of our little gift of joy this week.









such a kissable little face


noticing his mobile on his swing for the first time


totally holding that neck up on his own


strong grip on daddy....I'll never let go!


There is nothing sweeter than to see the man you first loved hold and love on your second love.


mommy's blue eyes


ready for our walk...look how big it is!

1 comment:

Mark and Leah Schuurman said...

Girl, I can SOOOO relate! There's nothing like feeling helpless when he's sick and not being able to take the pain away. Last weekend really showed us that. I can also back you up on the "I'll never" comments. Isn't it funny how parenthood changes you? I'm glad you're still loving it, too. :)