Saturday, May 9, 2009

SOMEDAY....

It's Mother's Day Weekend and it's usually a doosey for me, but this year I can feel a huge difference and can feel the growth I have had in this area in my life. It has simply been me turning over my desires to the Lord. I have also had to change my mindset about the situation too and realize that God holds all things in His hands. Even my desires for children. He wants no harm for me. I am trusting his word. Jeremiah 29:11, heard so many times says that 'He knows the plans he has for me. Plans to PROSPER ME. Plans for GOOD and not for Evil'. I know that in his time he will provide.


For the past 5 years, John and I have been ready to start our family together. However, sometimes God's plans aren't the same as ours and I have certainly found out that it is He who is in control. I've had to simply quit listening to the enemy's words telling me that it will never happen and that God is withholding from me. He truly desires to still, kill and destroy our hope. But I'm grateful that my HOPE can be placed in one that loves me and wants what is best for me.



This year John decided to throw in a few 'Someday You'll Be A Mother' presents. It was really great to be able to be excited about what God has in store rather than dwelling on what we don't have. John has always been the one to remind me of that. I think after 5 years it's finally sinking in! So we enjoyed each other and went to two new exciting places we had never been before!

On Friday night John planned for us to go see 'The Wizard of Oz' Broadway show in Raleigh. One I had not been to Raleigh except during my senior year of high school to visit a prospective college. Two - I had never seen a musical production except for the ones that were done in high school. It was really GREAT! The most impressive part was the real dog that played TOTO! I was a little bummed that I couldn't take pictures, but it was good to just sit back, relax and sing all the songs in my head as they sang. OK, well I whispered them..hehe!


On Saturday, we loaded up the jeep and headed down to Carolina Beach. John has just been 'itching' to get himself on the part of the island where he could drive his jeep on the actual beach. We decided to head on down and see it for ourselves.

It was a BEAUTIFUL day full of sun and seafood! We had a great time and got to catch up with Mere and Eric who are about to celebrate their one year wedding anniversary!


On Sunday we enjoyed our morning at church and took a long motorcycle ride - my ' someday you'll be a dad' present to john. We ate dinner with the ladies in my life who have been my "mothers".
Overall it was the best Mother's Day I can remember in years!
Here's to SOMEDAY.....

2 comments:

Caitlin K. said...

Pepper, what a beautiful entry! I just know that God has great plans for you and John. Someday, indeed! Love to you both!

Unknown said...

Here's to someday...those children are going to be blessed to have y'all as parents. Thanks to God for the wonderful plans He has to prosper y'all. I'm glad to get to watch it all unfold.