Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Fort Fisher

Today, oh what a long day it has been. I heard the alarm at 5:30, exactly one hour earlier than I usually rise, telling me it was time for me to get up so I could take 80 amazing 6th graders to the Fort Fisher near Wilmington.

We left school at 7:00 on the most rickety charter buses I ever have seen. I honestly wasn't sure we would make it. The kids were so excited and could hardly wait to see the ocean and go crabbing at the saltwater marsh. Many of them had but quite a few had not. While it was a hot and tiring day for this 6th grade teacher, the joy on their faces was priceless.



notice the alligator between their heads!




kids in awe at the aquarium

heading down the beach 3/4 of a mile to the salt water marsh to go crabbing






got fish???


"um...Mrs. Berry..."



No comments: