Wednesday, November 21, 2007

GIVE THANKS






It's unbelievable to me that it is already Thanksgiving. Tomorrow we will be surrounded by the Berry family with the aroma of turkey and all the trimmings. We will each have our very special dishes there, I'm sure. Already in my kitchen the smell of pumpkin cheesecake, apple nut cheesecake, and pecan pies are making me ready for a yummy Thanksgiving lunch! I'm sure the picture will be the same as usual. Everyone with their over filled plates and happy faces which quickly turn to ohhhhsss and ahhhhsss after the meal and complaints about eating too much. John will surely fall asleep from the sleeping aid said to be included in each slice of turkey that he consumes, and then we will all be serenaded by his deep, sweet snoring brought on after a good thanksgiving lunch.


This year there is so much to be thankful for. It's amazing what God does in 365 days! More than you really can remember or ever list. I'm thankful for so much, but some of the things include:


A God who continues to multiply and bless me with so many things. His love is so indescribable. What an honor it is to be his child and to rest in the assurance that he loves me without condition and that he chooses to. That constantly amazes me. He doesn't need me, but he WANTS me. Coming the childhood that I have had, THAT very sentences explains why I stand in awe of my amazing Savior each day.


An amazing husband that can simply not be explained. He is such a servant and he not only blesses me by loving me (even on the days when it is difficult), but he serves so selflessly everyone around him. His smile is amazing and his laugh is nothing less than contagious. Though he tells the corniest jokes known to man, I would simply miss them if they didn't touch my ears. John has a love for the Lord and his people that is infectious. He has taught me and continues to teach me so much as we travel through this life together. It goes without saying that I am more in love with him today than I ever imagined I could have been 6 years ago when we met.



A new home that is one of my most loved dreams of my life. It's mine. Today as I baked, I thought to myself "wow! Look how far the Lord has brought me in my life." I used to imagine what life would be like as an adult. And he has so richly blessed me with a home that I love and enjoy being at. Also he has blessed us with the ability to bless others with a space where they can come and find refuge if it is needed and simply rest.



A wonderful family. This year I was blessed with my very first niece. What a responsibility I feel with being called an Aunt. Little Ella Christine in her mere 14 weeks has already taught me so much about love and putting things aside. She is absolutely precious when you behold her. I never imagined loving a child, that wasn't mine, so very much! John, Denice, Brandon, Nicole, PaPaw, Carmelita, Troy, Drew, Tiffany, and Jordan are great. Though we don't get to see them very often we know that they love and support us as we journey through life.


My personal family that I grew up with, Nana, Wanda, and Donald, have taken on a whole new meaning to me as I am growing up, I guess you would say. I understand the responsibilities of life so much more as I gain years and see what they took on raising me from the age of 8. I am so thankful for what they gave me, taught me and showed me as I grew as a child.


I am thankful for all the family and friends that can't be listed because they number so.... What a blessing each one is in my life individually. My bible study girls are a constant reminder of the ones God puts in your life to spur you on in your walk with him. Our study on Esther as been amazing and such an inspiration for each of us. Our friends and church family love us so much and I thank God for them. I thank God for those that have gone on to be with the lord and the unbelievable footprints they have left on the hearts of those behind. Our time with them was precious.


As you celebrate this wonderful time of thanks.....GIVE THANKS!

No comments: