Sunday, January 22, 2012

INCREDIBLE DADDY


Daddy's are so important. I've always known this, but the more I see John with Channing, the more I am amazed at the difference that he makes in the life of his son. Last night we watched Courageous & the opening scene depicts a man running after his stolen truck & fighting the thief until he crashes. You're mind leaves you thinking it's for his vehicle, but you learn that his youngest son is in the back of the car. In the next scene a couple of fathers are discussing if they would have risked their lives to do that. REALLY? I have no doubt what John would have done & I sat there for a minute just grateful for a man that would willingly give up his life for his family.

As the movie went on I was overwhelmed by so many different things. The feeling of loss that I have experienced because I didn't have a daddy in my life for the majority of my years. But what this world meant for bad, God has used for good. There is still a void there & I miss my daddy, but God has given me so much. AND that's what I began to focus on.

MY BOYS ARE SO BLESSED! They have an INCREDIBLE daddy & I have an INCREDIBLE husband! I am so thankful for that. John does so much for our family & is such a wonderful leader. He is loving, caring, & compassionate beyond what I can believe sometimes. After long working days he comes home & steps right into working in the home with me. He'll do dishes, laundry, floors....gosh, he'll do it all if I need him to & the biggest thing is I NEVER have to ask him. He knows he's a busy man so he's made scheduled nights to work in the house & "nest" with me. Love that! He'll just stare at Channing and speak life and blessing into his little heart. Channing just sits there taking it all in. He will correct him when he's disrespectful to me. He works hard, sometimes even on his days off to provide all that we need. Not only does he do all this, but he does it for God's glory and not his own. WHAT A BLESSING my man is!

The other day he came home for lunch & I was blown away at how he could just read me & my body language and my need for his help with Channing. It had been a "trying" day. Y'all know what I mean? The days when you are TRYING to walk in the spirit in your responses to your children, but they are SERIOUSLY just pushing, pushing, pushing. (don't judge, just being honest) Anyway, I look around because it got real quiet & they were both gone. John had taken him up (without me asking .... gosh that does so much for my heart) & was putting him down for his nap! I was so thankful! After putting the baby to bed and heading out to the office he reminded me, " You don't have to parent alone, babe." HALLELUJAH! I'm so thankful for this man! I told him too! So many women have husbands in their homes & they STILL parent alone, but PRAISE JESUS that I am not one!

JB, you are an incredible husband & daddy & we love you very, very, very much!

Pepper, Channing & Xander (this sweet thing has no idea how blessed he is!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amen and amen! What a man! Love you, John Berry! Thanks for leading your family so well. You are a gleaming example for so many! Pepper is blessed and Channing and Xander are so blessed and are going to be great husbands and daddys, too...a godly legacy!! Love, your favorite sister!