Saturday, January 8, 2011

It's a wonderful life....






This past month has been a whirlwind of excitement & unbelievable blessings! WE have enjoyed every moment of it.
It was so wonderful to celebrate the birth of our Savior together as a family of 3! What joy it brought us to have our son here and to think about Mary & Joseph and the joy they felt on that first Christmas morning. Having a child definitely brings a new perspective to your heart as you are able to empathize in a more personal way with what they must have felt and experienced. As we sat as a family on Christmas morning and read that precious story from the Word, it was totally different as we held our own son. What a gift Jesus was to us. What a sacrifice Mary, Joseph & God himself endured by sending Jesus to us. We are so blessed! I can hardly wait until Channing accepts Jesus as his Savior. I've prayed for that moment for months now...from the moment I found out he was growing within me. I've been reading Mary Beth Chapman's book "Choosing to SEE" & I've been overwhelmed by the godly children she & Steven Curtis Chapman have raised. I've been praying specifically for things I plead God will bless my children with and salvation is the most important thing I could hope they would receive.




Our sweet little bundle is growing and changing every single day. The transformation is amazing. He's plumping up week by week...our little chunky monkey! He's sleeping all night in his own big boy bed and loving every minute of it. He wakes up so happy in the mornings & I am so grateful that God has blessed us with a little one who loves his sleep. He's such a blessing to us and each day as I place him in his bed and close out of day, I thank God for this gift. As we head into a new year I know God has amazing plans in store for us. We hold to that promise from Jeremiah 29:11 knowing his plans for us are for our good!




Channing's first snow!




Happy New Year from the Berry Family!

1 comment:

Mark and Leah Schuurman said...

Pepper, I just about e-mailed you today asking for new pictures of your ADORABLE little boy. Man, he's a cutie pie! We both love the picture where his santa hat is down low. Just a darlin! PS - AMEN! to the "new perspective" comment.