Thursday, June 26, 2008

A New Job!




Well no big surprise, but the Lord has provided. As we knew he would he didn't come too late or too early!

I interviewed on Monday for a position as Campaign Assistant Director and landed it within 30 minutes!!! Hallelujah!! Not only that, but I started with an 8 hour day on Tuesday!

My new position is way out of my comfort zone, but it allows me to utilize numerous gifts that I was able to tweak and improve throughout teaching. Anyone that knows me, knows that I can be a bit detail oriented and at times organized. Those are the two things that are going to keep me moving through this job.

I am working with the local Hospitality House, better known as the homeless shelter in the High Country. Not only is the HH growing out of it's already 4 locations, but the buildings need excessive amounts of improvements. I will be working with Robert, a nice gentleman that reminds me so much of my father-in-law, to raise $4 million dollars to go towards a new amazing facility.

I am coming in a few months late into the campaign and I am amazed that already $500,000 has been contributed. It is amazing how God lines things up, because the wonderful Spinetto family that richly blessed us with a free home for 4 years were instrumental in thinking of me for this position and referring me to the interview committee.
Already I have been a busy bee with the requirements of my job, but the most meaningful part for me is the relationships I am building with the local homeless people of Boone. It is a blessing to meet people who are less fortunate than you and see how much they bless you! I am sure I will have so many more stories to share, but the blessings that I have received from the group here at my office at Rock Haven is beyond description! A total of 6 residents live here at the long term living facility and they have been so welcoming and thoughtful. Sonya, the girl I share an office with, told me that at the house meeting last night they all shared how sweet and kind I had been to them and they really felt that I cared as much about them as my own job! Praise God, because that is what I want my life to be about! Who knows what may come of this position!

I am very grateful for where God has placed me right now and I am content being in his will.

No comments: