Saturday, March 22, 2008

Beautiful Spring Day

Yesterday was a gorgeous day. The sun reigned high in the sky and it was one of those days that you throw on the old Chacos and run around in the woods.


I decided to run around in the ones that are adjacent to our yard. It is something that I had the opportunity to do a little last spring. The water has finally decided to unthaw higher on the mountain above us and now the 'culvert drain', that comes from the top of the mountain and flows down past our house, is running with water. I like to imagine it as a little spring or creek that's attached to our property. Works for me and it sounds better than culvert drain! It actually has the sound of running water, so I think Webster wouldn't argue with me.


Of course as I set on foot Lily and Caroline decided to be adventurous right along with me.



John arrived and we laid in the yard for over an hour dreaming of where we would like to add a few more rooms and a garage. Then we remembered that we live on the budget of a teacher and youth pastor and food is of more priority than covering our cars in the winter, so we just enjoyed laying in the free sunshine and resting in the peacefulness of the day!

No comments: